Are you looking for an opportunity to drive continuous innovation, improve business processes, and deliver value-added programs? If so, we are looking for you!
We work with customers and team members to understand their needs and expectations. We promote learning, creativity, and improvement to meet those needs and adapt to an ever-changing environment. We value respect, integrity, excellence, diversity, and inclusion, and seek team members who share those values.
Our mission at the State of Connecticut
, Department of Administrative Services (DAS
) Procurement Division is to deliver value-added procurement programs and services by creating efficiencies, introducing smart technologies, and providing collaboration and strategic leadership, while acting with integrity. If you have the skills to support this mission and the goals of continuously improving customer service and business processes, fostering, and sustaining a strong work environment, strong staff performance, and being accountable while strategically aligning our resources, then we encourage you to apply for this Contract Team Leader
The Contract Team Leader position will supervise a team responsible for Information Technology (IT) procurements. The team will partner with IT and business leaders to drive business value and minimize costs through the negotiation and purchase of hardware, software, software-as-a-service, and related implementation, and support services. The Contract Team Leader will leverage leadership skills along with knowledge of the IT industry, to support the team and meet the needs of state agencies.
The position is (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday, primarily in a telework environment, and the physical office location is 450 Columbus Blvd., Hartford, CT 06103.
We participate in a competitive benefits package
that includes comprehensive healthcare policies including medical and dental coverage, retirement plan options, paid time off, and more! We also encourage a healthy work-life balance
for all employees and provide professional growth and development opportunities!
Important Information After You Apply:
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- For assistance in applying, please visit our 'Applicant Tips on How to Apply' page.
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact email@example.com
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Administrative Services this class is accountable for supervising Contract Specialists and Analysts engaged in the procurement of commodities and/or services for statewide use with a major focus on contract preparation, negotiation and contract management as well as customer service outreach and development.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Schedules, assigns, oversees and reviews work of teams; supervises day-to-day team activities; provides staff training and assistance; conducts or assists in conducting performance evaluations; reviews team workloads, determines priorities and plans team work to ensure all customer needs are met; establishes and maintains procedures; develops or makes recommendations on development of policies and standards; acts as liaison with other operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding policies and procedures; prepares reports and correspondence; participates on business planning and performance review teams to ensure success of teams, division and department; measures team performance against business plan; focuses on complex procurement strategy including such areas as:
1. STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT PLANNING: Identifies customer strategic business direction and its impact on customers procurement needs; develops related procurement strategy to assure customer needs and expectations are met; analyzes current business and economic trends and emerging technologies and evaluates their applicability to procurement strategy; evaluates potential for multi-state cooperative procurement agreements and/or Connecticut state and subdivision cooperative purchase agreements and establishes plans and strategy for creating such contracts.
2. CONTRACTING-ADMINISTRATION: In addition to the advanced technical expertise of the commodities directly assigned, the team leader must also possess a working knowledge of the commodities assigned to team members.
3. CONTRACTING-APPROVAL: Delegated authority to approve contracts valued up to $1 million based on extensive knowledge of statutes, business law and contracting expertise.
Performs related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of relevant agency policies and procedures; considerable knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations; considerable knowledge of procurement practices and procedures; considerable knowledge of business law and its applicability to procurement, contracting and sales; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of customer service delivery; knowledge of and ability to utilize available technology; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable negotiation skills; considerable marketing skills; ability to lead a team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Eight (8) years of experience in procurement work with emphasis on contract negotiation and customer service delivery.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the advanced working level. For State Employees this is the level of Contract Specialist.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
A Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience supervising a team.
Experience with the procurement and contracting processes for Information Technology.
Experience with Project Management Skills.
Experience prioritizing projects with competing deadlines.
Experience with Data Analysis skills.
Experience with Microsoft Suite, including Teams.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.