|Date Opened||3/13/2023 10:30:00 AM|
|Close Date||3/26/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Erin Gallego|
|Analyst Phone/Email||520.837.4167/ Erin.Gallego@tucsonaz.gov|
|Salary||$59,883.20 - $118,476.80/year *In Accordance with Administrative Directives|
|Job Type||Open to All Applicants (External, Internal)|
The City of Tucson is seeking a high energy, creative, problem-solving Lead Network Engineer to join the City’s Network Engineering Team.
The City of Tucson Information Technology Department (ITD) provides support services for all departments within the City, including citizen services, public safety, public works, back-office business applications, project management, analytics & GIS, and web applications. The diversity of City business functions and supporting technologies makes for a dynamic work environment that is both challenging and rewarding.
This position reports directly to the IT Manager- Network Engineering and is responsible for the daily operation and support of the design, configuration and maintenance of all layer 2 and layer 3 networking functions.
The Information Technology Department is a 24/7 operation. The successful candidate will be required to respond to emergencies occurring after normal business hours.
The City of Tucson offers a wide range of generous benefits for eligible employees. Some of those benefits include:
· Medical: Choice between a high deductible plan (HSA or HRA), or Network plan.
· Dental: Choice between a national dental PPO and a local dental HMO.
· Vision: Coverage for annual eye exam and glasses or contacts, plus LASIK.
· Life: City-paid coverage for you & dependents, plus option to buy more.
· Long-Term Disability: Income replacement of up to 60% of your base salary in the event of a qualifying disability.
· Employee Assistance Program: Enhance your wellbeing when life doesn’t go as planned.
· Flexible Spending: Pay for qualified health and dependent care expenses using pretax dollars.
· Colonial Voluntary Benefits: Financial help in the event of cancer, hospitalization, accident, more.
Your Security and Future
· Pension: Generous pension plans that help employees retire more comfortably.
· Deferred Compensation: Save more toward a comfortable retirement with a 457(b) plan.
· Training & Tuition Assistance: Pursue your dream through internal training or financial help toward a degree.
· Back-Up Care: Care for your loved ones when your regular care is unavailable.
Your Peace of Mind
· Paid Parental Leave: Six (6) weeks paid leave when you welcome a child, plus other generous leave policies for FML, Medical and USERRA.
· Paid Time Away: New hires enjoy 37 days of paid time off in the first year, with time increasing steadily thereafter (In year one: 13 accrued days of vacation, 13 accrued days of sick leave, and 11 paid holidays).
· Employee Discounts: Generous discounts, ranging from car rentals to computers, gifts to groceries, electronics to entertainment.
· Social Connectedness: Forge connections with the community we serve through paid volunteerism and payroll-deducted charitable giving.
For a full description of benefits offered to eligible employees, or to inquire further about the City of Tucson's benefits options, please visit: https://www.tucsonaz.gov/hr/employee-benefit-snapshot
This is a lead position affording guidance to other positions performing the same tasks. It is distinguished from other classifications in the family by performing the highest level of complexity and difficult tasks or assignments.
Plans, designs and develops communications network infrastructure.
Engineers, designs, tests and implements Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and Wireless Area Networks topologies and configurations. Monitors and optimizes performance of the operational data network.
Coordinates needs analysis; researches network hardware and software options: conducts simulations; assesses the quality, feasibility and business risk of proposed solutions; and makes recommendations concerning purchase of network hardware and software.
Develops and implements communications network design and development, use, maintenance, customer support and security practices, policies, protocols and standards.
Plans, organizes and guides teams involved in large and/or complex communications network planning, design and development projects.
Directs and coordinates all aspects of the project.
Analyzes and/or troubleshoots highly complex communications network hardware and software issues from senior management, network users and senior technical staff.
Approves/assigns work requests to others. Ensures high priority requests are handled in a timely manner.
Minimum Education Level & Type: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience Qualifications: At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience installing, operating and maintaining communications network hardware and software, and participating in network planning and design
You are encouraged to print this bulletin because it contains important dates and information that will not be available online once this position closes.
Additionally, communication during this process will be sent via email to the email address on file, so please ensure your browser accepts emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and check your email account regularly; this may include your junk box/spam filter. Failure to respond or follow instructions may result in disqualification.
To ensure accurate payroll information for tax purposes, the successful candidate will need to provide their original Social Security Card or original letter from the Social Security Administration with their social security number prior to beginning work with the City of Tucson.
The City of Tucson hires lawful workers only - US citizens or nationals and non-citizens with valid work authorization - without discrimination. Federal immigration laws require all employers to verify both the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. In its efforts to meet the law's requirements, the City of Tucson participates in the E-Verify program established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to aid employers in verifying the eligibility of workers.
Retired City of Tucson employees receiving benefits from the Tucson Supplemental Retirement System who are considering reemployment with the City should be aware that pursuant to Section 22-37(g) of the Tucson City Code, retirement benefits shall be suspended during the period of reemployment with the City of Tucson unless you have been separated at least twelve consecutive months before returning to work AND you return to a non-permanent employment classification. Creditable service does not accrue during any reemployment period.