Bilingual English/Spanish Candidates are Encouraged to Apply
|Date Opened||7/17/2020 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/30/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30.84 – 32.93 Per Hour*|
|Job Type||Temporary / Extra-Help|
Disaster Service Worker Opportunities: The County of Santa Cruz is actively working on a variety of COVID-19 related efforts. Our immediate hiring needs are for Expanded Shelter and Isolation/Quarantine Shelter Managers and Assistant Mangers. These shelters are located throughout the county in structures and outside locations, such as on the San Lorenzo River benchlands.
We will provide training, personal protective measures and require that social distancing be maintained. We are seeking individuals who will promote a safe and healthy environment based on respect and dignity for all residents and staff.
Tasks will involve supporting the shelters which may include the following and other assignments as needed:
Shelter Manager (Clerical Supervisor II)*
*Base pay is $30.93 plus $2.00 per hour differential
• Acts as a liaison to Disaster Operations Management and shelter staff, providing daily status updates and conveying
• Supervises and coordinates with Assistant Shelter Manager to maintain consistent operations
• Administers shelter operation in accordance with polices and procedures and uses excellent judgement in non-typical and
• Oversees and coordinates staff scheduling.
• Ensures the maintenance of logs and submits reports.
• Stays informed of and communicates best practices related to shelter, local COVID-19 resources, and homeless services
• Steps in to evaluate and resolve potentially sensitive issues through discussion and persuasion to gain concurrence and
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with shelter residents, shelter leadership and the public.
Four years of experience comparable to the duties above that includes one year of supervisory experience. Training will be provided.
Assistant Shelter Manger (Clerical Supervisor I)*
*Base pay is $28.84 plus $2.00 per hour differential
• Supervises shelter staff and acts a liaison between Shelter Manager and shelter staff.
• Supports Shelter Manager to ensure the health and safety of all shelter staff and residents.
• Supports Shelter Manger with operational functions used in the type of shelter operated.
• Coordinates with Shelter Manager and staff on collection and maintenance of required logs and report submittal.
• Coordinates shelter staff schedules.
• Ensures that residents are familiar with shelter rules and other relevant information.
• Resolves staff and resident conflicts and recognize when assistance is needed from Shelter Manager.
• Ensures that staff understand the importance of documentation, especially for injuries and complaints.
Three years of experience comparable to the duties above. Training will be provided.
The Hiring Process: Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
If you are contacted to move forward in our recruitment process, please be prepared for an interview. If on-site physical distancing will be maintained. If you are offered a position with the County, please be prepared to go through on-boarding on-site and bring documentation to verify authorization to work in the US in compliance with the 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act.
As part of our hiring process for these critical positions, a conviction history must be completed. Additionally, you will be required to be fingerprinted. If you have encountered issues with law enforcement in the past, you are not necessarily affected and/or disqualified from employment with the County of Santa Cruz. We will review fingerprint results on a case-by-case basis, considering the individual type of conviction and recency of the conviction.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply Online Now! Click on the link below; or print out an application and supplemental questionnaire and mail/bring them to: Santa Cruz County Personnel Department, 701 Ocean Street, Room 510, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060. For information, call (831) 454-2600. Hearing Impaired TDD/TTY: 711. Applications will meet the final filing date if received in one of the following ways: 1) in the Personnel Department by 5:00 p.m. on the final filing date, 2) submitted online before midnight of the final filing date.
Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you have a disability that requires accommodation, please call (831) 454-2600.
Special Requirements/Conditions: License Requirement: Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License from the start of employment is required for some positions. Working Conditions: Some positions may occasionally have exposure to variable temperatures and weather conditions, high levels of noise, strong, unpleasant odors, possible sunburn, bodily injury or contact with toxic substances or chemical irritants.
NOTE: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
LIVE Here WORK Here PLAY Here
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||
This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.
|View and print the official application form as an Acrobat pdf file.||
A Santa Cruz County application form is required for this recruitment. You may print this Acrobat PDF document and then fill it in.
|Fill out our application-request form.||
We encourage you to submit your application online as this is the preferred application method. If, for any reason, you are unable do this, we can send you an application packet by conventional mail.
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by phone at (831) 454-2600, FAX at (831) 454-2240, or e-mail at Personnel@santacruzcounty.us, or apply for a job in person at the Santa Cruz County Personnel Department, Personnel Department, 701 Ocean Street, Room 510, Santa Cruz, California 95060.|