MWRD's Internship Program offers paid internship positions. While the main focus is on wastewater management, there are opportunities to gain knowledge and practical experience in a wide range of functions in each department.
Paid interns are limited to 119 working days per calendar year and receive $18.00 per hour. They do not receive benefits or paid days off.
- Letter of recommendation from a class instructor, professor, or Internship Coordinator from current school or university
- Cover letter stating interest in position
- Enrollment in a degree-seeking program in an accredited college or university.
- Permanent residency within the territorial boundaries of the MWRD (students may attend school outside of the territorial boundaries).
- You must be a citizen or national of the United States, or an individual who is otherwise legally authorized to work in the United States.
Candidates are required to submit the Online Internship Application, cover letter, resume, and letter of recommendation through MWRD’s Online Employment Center.
Questions regarding the internship program may be directed to MWRDInternships@mwrd.org.
Human Resources Intern
Human Resources Department
Main Office Building
111 East Erie Street
Chicago, IL 60611
Rate of Pay:
This is a paid internship at $18.00/hr.
The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD) is seeking an intern to serve in the Human Resources Department. The prospective intern will work in the Employee Development section assist with training and employee engagement activities. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Cornerstone OnDemand, Learning Management System (LMS), functions such as tracking employee course completion,
- creating online courses utilizing the Articulate platform,
- researching new learning methods, and
- researching activities for the Engineer Mentoring Program, MWRD Internship program, and other internship outreach/recruitment efforts.
The intern may be responsible for:
- scheduling and reserving training rooms and other logistics,
- contacting attendees about upcoming trainings,
- preparing training materials, agendas, handouts, etc.,
- tracking attendance of others and on occasions, attending trainings and meetings,
- researching new training opportunities, and
- assisting with various projects within the HR Department, as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Able to travel to other site locations as needed
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Public Policy, Management, Organizational Development, Learning and Development, Instructional Design.