Community Outreach Intern
Board of Commissioners Office
Main Office Building
100 East Erie Street
Chicago, IL 60601
The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District is seeking an intern in the Board of Commissioner's Office. This internship will offer the intern the opportunity to explore a career in public service while gaining valuable hands-on experience to supplement their studies in the classroom. They will work alongside experienced professionals in the Office of Commissioner du Buclet, allowing them to gain valuable skills for graduate school or their future careers. The intern will conduct community outreach and networking to increase organizational and event awareness, attendance, and impact. They will also conduct research related to current and prospective environmental programs and initiatives at other organizations and nonprofits.
Rate of Pay:
This is a paid internship at $18.00/hr.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task within deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to interact with internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Comfortable meeting and speaking with community and environmental groups
- Excellent computer and writing skills
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program majoring in political science, public policy, or environmental science preferred.
- 3.0 or higher GPA