Temporary Call Center Representative (Annapolis)
Taxpayer Services Division
|COMP Revenue Administration
|1/3/2024 11:00:00 AM
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is an ongoing and continuous recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
Temporary Call Center Representative - $18/hour
LOCATION OF POSITION
Do you enjoy helping people and have good customer service skills? Do you want to work in a call center environment? If this is you, the Comptroller of Maryland is looking to hire Temporary Call Center Representatives in our Taxpayer Services Division to assist taxpayers by answering and resolving their inquiries. Positions are available in our Annapolis call center.
Tax training will be provided and these positions may be eligible for future contractual or permanent employment.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience involving one or more of the following areas: customer service, call center, fiscal clerical or clerical related work.
- Candidates may substitute 30 college credits from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute one year of U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in accounting and budget classification or accounting and budget specialty codes in the financial clerical and technician field of work for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Customer service experience
- Personal computer experience
- Software applications experience
- Experience working in a call center
- Communication skills (both oral and written)
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
- Position schedule is Monday through Friday in a full time capacity. Required hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Leave may be restricted during the first 30 days.
- Leave may be limited during certain times of the year due to high volume events, projects or special assignments.
- Evening and weekend work may be required especially during peak times of the year. May be required to work extended hours until 6:00pm, from February 1st to April 15th.
- Employees must be able to tolerate an occasional uncomfortable or unpleasant experience presented by upset or irate taxpayers.
- Employees are unable to prepare tax returns outside of the requirements of the job or work for private accounting services.
Please ensure you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Approval of your application will be based on a review of the information you submit. All qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background check that will include fingerprinting, tax obligation, and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose email as the option to submit your application/required additional information, you must include the following information on at least one the pages you submit.
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
If you have questions or concerns regarding this recruitment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
Please contact Stanley Harris at email@example.com if you need reasonable accommodations.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.
|Apply via Paper Application.
|You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.