SEASONAL NATURAL RESOURCES TECHNICIAN
Marshbird Survey Crew Leader
|DNR - Wildlife and Heritage Service
|1/30/2024 11:59:00 PM
|2/20/2024 11:59:00 PM
|$20.75 - $22.78/hour
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent bird identification skills and the ability to identify all potentially occurring marshbirds in Maryland, especially secretive species by call, are strongly preferred.
- Prior bird survey experience required.
- Good technical writing skills and experience in statistical analysis (e.g., univariate statistics), Arcmap, Microsoft Access and Excel, and the use of GPS units are required.
- Experience with R statistical software and the use of Survey123 and eBird data collection platforms is preferred.
- Experience with Automated Recording Units, including set-up, maintenance, and use of software (Raven Pro, Birdnet) for call screening and identification, is preferred.
- A strong work ethic, good organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to work well both independently and in small teams in remote areas at night with minimal supervision is required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
*Should benefits be available, this information will be discussed at the time of hire.