Chief Information Officer, Exec Aide XI
Office of the Comptroller
|Department||COMP Executive Direction|
|Date Opened||1/23/2023 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/6/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$157,359.00 - $218,965.00/year|
|HR Analyst||David Brown|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Builds an IT Team. Supervises the Chief Information Security Officer and the Information Technology Division and ensures the security of the network including access to applications and data, data lines and equipment
- Directs and manages the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology Division
- Provides strategic leadership and guidance at the executive level in technology service operations
- Works with a CompSTAT director to set up new data systems for use by public officials and the general public
- Leads the execution of technology strategies to improve customer engagement and optimize operations to support OOC’s mission
- Works with executive leadership team, Deputy Comptrollers, Director of Government Affairs and others to advance the Comptroller’s technology priorities to optimize operations, increase data security, improve user experience and provide open data
- Leads the overall information technology strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing information technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology projects
- Represents the OOC on technology planning and operations task forces and committees
- Responsible for overseeing the Annapolis Data Center
- Comptroller’s lead for the COMPASS project, a new tax processing system replacing the agency's State of Maryland Tax (SMART) system
- Develops operating policies and procedures for the safe and efficient use of information technology
- Continually evaluates the performance and operation of IT functions and recommends improvements and efficiencies
- Develops, tracks, and controls the development of annual operating budget for technology purchasing, staffing and operations
- Reviews and approves major vendor, consultant and service contracts for information
- technology resources and equipment
- Oversees the procurement or design/development as well as implementation of new applications, systems, and enhancements to existing software packages
- Implements, reviews and tests back-up and disaster recovery plans
- Maintains an excellent working knowledge of current technology, industry trends and emerging developments including cybersecurity best practices and protocols
- Provides leadership in evaluating complex technology strategies and developing strategic approaches that maximize resources while achieving the best results
- Identifies information technology issues and opportunities, analyzes problems and alternatives and develops sound conclusions and recommendations
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters’ level industry education and/or certifications i.e., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CSM, SAFe, PMP, or Project+ preferred or equivalent experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position
- Experience in organizational development, recruiting, building, and managing a team. Must have the ability to collaborate, influence and lead changes across the department and agencies.
- Experience in developing strategic plans, establishing departmental and individual team member goals, identifying potential problems and solutions and preparing contingency plans to mitigate damages when issues arise
- Knowledge of mainframe, CICs, self-hosted data center, cloud services, DevOps, hybrid SQL and no-SQL data stores and distributed systems
- Experience with Agile principles
- Experience with major migrations
- Experience with the Cloud. Must have understand and be able to make recommendations on options in managing technology, whether that is keeping the lights on or tackling new business challenges.
- Knowledge and experience with security and process related frameworks like ISO 27001, SOC2, COBIT, ITIL, PCI etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of best industry practices for network security, secure remote network accessibility and data security
- Ability to work with vendors and third-party resources to best accomplish the goals of the office
- Strong communications skills to effectively communicate IT-related information to executive leadership team and other stakeholders
- Ability to lead teams of technical staff, work collaboratively and be part of a team
- Capacity to manage multiple projects in multiple disciplines and meet deadlines
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|