Director - ASST STATE COMPT VII
Field Enforcement Bureau
|COMP Field Enforcement Division
|12/28/2023 08:30:00 AM
|1/19/2024 11:59:00 PM
|$119,746.00 - $173,086.00/year
This is a Management Service Position. The Incumbent will serve at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Oversees and administers the State License Bureau, Motor Fuel Operations, Special Investigative Unit and Field Enforcement in accordance with state laws and regulations.
- Serves as the agency liaison for state and national motor fuel and motor carrier organizations.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries regarding FEB’s enforcement efforts and business licensing matters.
- Oversees the planning, organization, operations and training of FEB’s law enforcement officers.
- Formulates, reviews and recommend changes to field enforcement legislation, policy, procedures, rules and regulations to promote cost-efficient and effective use of information technology.
- Serves as the staff advisor to the Comptroller and Deputy Comptroller regarding all field enforcement matters.
- Can develop and implement a technology plan that aligns the Comptroller's enforcement strategies and the agency's strategic direction.
- Has a strong focus on retention and continued professional development of personnel.
- Is a proactive leader who can be innovative and accurately assess and guard risks.
- Is a collaborator who can drive toward consensus and value contributions from stakeholders, colleagues and subordinates.
- Has the ability to advocate, educate and explain technical information in an clear and convincing manner to both technical and non-technical people at all levels, including the Maryland General Assembly.
- Has the highest level of integrity and the ability to build trusting relationships and base decisions on moral, ethical and legal standards.
- Has a positive and optimistic attitude toward employees, citizens and other state and private sector representatives.
Education: Graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with the International Fuel Tax Agreement and/or experience with regulation of motor fuel.
- Experience with supervising law enforcement officers.
- Specific knowledge of the Maryland Office of the Comptroller as it relates to administering taxes and creating and integrating data with other governmental units.
- Experience writing in a research style and has the ability to create visual aids (graphics, etc.).
- Three or more years working with taxes and/or tax policy.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Stanley Harris at email@example.com if you need reasonable accommodations.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.