Senior Market Conduct Examiner - Life & Health **REPOST**
MIA ADMINISTRATOR I
|Maryland Insurance Administration
|11/14/2023 5:30:00 PM
|$60,801.00 - $97,940.00/year (State Guidelines Apply)
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position functions as a senior examiner and examiner-in-charge performing examinations, investigations, and desk audits of the business practices of HMOs, dental plans, nonprofit health service plans, and life and health insurers, and any other person or entities engaged in the life and health insurance industry and regulated by the Maryland Insurance Administration.
This position functions as
a lead examiner overseeing all aspects of market conduct examinations and
investigations. The Senior Market Conduct Examiner may be a liaison between the
market conduct team and the company being examined, and may assign tasks to
team members working on an exam in addition to performing analysis of
information provided by the company. The Senior Market Conduct Examiner may
also draft correspondence, reports, and orders resulting from the exam.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with the standards in the NAIC Market Regulation Handbook and standard market conduct practices
- An Accredited Insurance Examiner or Certified Insurance Examiner designation from the Insurance Regulatory Examiners Society or similar credential
- Strong research abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.
|Apply via Paper Application.
|You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.