|Date Opened||5/16/2023 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/15/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Leah Lastner|
The Appointments Office is charged with making state government inclusive and representative of the people it serves—from cabinet secretaries to judgeships and the state's 600 boards and commissions. It manages the recruitment for, and administrative and technical aspects of the appointments process, and engages with communities across the state to make sure that, for every appointment, we have the most talented and representative candidate pool possible. The Placement Director serves as a member of the Appointments Office leadership team that sets strategy for the office, and leads daily execution of the appointments work. To apply, please submit your resume to Jamie Johnson at email@example.com by the deadline, June 15, 2023 at 11:59PM ET. The subject line should read: YOUR NAME – Placement Director
LOCATION OF POSITION
General Purpose: The Placement Director serves as a member of the Appointments Office leadership team that sets strategy for the office, and leads daily execution of the appointments work. Responsibilities:
- Meet the appointments timelines and statutory requirements for judgeships and 600 boards and commissions.
- Manage the Placement team:
- 3 Placement Specialists who manage appointments to portfolios of boards.
- 1 Senior Placement Specialist who manages a board portfolio and leads.
- The team’s engagement with elected officials around appointment recommendations.
- Organization of the team to execute the paperwork associated with appointments.
- Manage the Data team:
- 1 Placement Data Analyst who is lead on supporting the office’s application portal.
- 1 Senior Placement Data Analyst who oversees the Placement Analyst and all data-driven aspects of the appointments work: application portal, demographic data capture/analysis and the systems to support the appointments paperwork.
- Ensure thorough execution of the appointment process, from reviewing applications and vetting applicants to recommending finalists for approval.
- Meet standards of quality and accuracy in all phases of the appointments process.
- Ensure close collaboration between Placement and Data and ensure priorities align Manage an appointments portfolio of select boards.
- Ensure the Appointments Office processes and actions comply with state statute.
- Provide political and legislative insight to inform appointments decisions.
- Ensure quality service–and adherence to outreach guidelines–in response to constituent concerns via email and phone calls.
- Create SOPs and ensure all appointments processes are documented and updated.
- Ensure the team advances office-wide core values and messaging in the work.
- Identify where possible, opportunities to streamline the work and improve process.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years managing a small to mid-sized team
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong people skills, customer-oriented
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced setting with shifting priorities
- Ability to read, navigate and stay abreast of the political dynamics, legislative actions and statutory requirements that impact and inform the appointments work
- Proficiency in key features of the Google Workspace platform including Drive, Gmail, Google Meet, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides
- A deep commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Alignment with the Moore-Miller Administration’s commitment to leaving no one behind
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of state government and Maryland’s legislative process
- Legal training or knowledge
To apply, please submit your resume to Jamie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline, June 15, 2023 at 11:59PM ET. The subject line should read: YOUR NAME – Placement Director For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. The State of Maryland is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The State of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The State of Maryland is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The State of Maryland will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.