Recruitment Manager -REPOST
MPT Director I
|Department||MPT - Administration and Support Services|
|Date Opened||9/19/2023 5:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/4/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,00.00 - $70,000.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Wanda Johnston|
Maryland Public Television, which is commonly known by its familiar name "MPT", is a public television network that comprises six television stations that broadcast throughout the entire state of Maryland as well as into the District of Columbia and parts of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. MPT is the only state wide broadcaster in Maryland. MPT is a member of the Public Broadcasting Service.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Public Television
11767 Owings Mills Blvd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Main Purpose of Job
The Recruitment Manager will manage MPT's recruitment for regular staff employees, contractual employees, freelance positions and also manage MPT's internship program. The position will create job specifications for all positions; compile data for reports; facilitate orientation for new hires; and utilize JobAps, Workday, and other online systems for recruiting and processing new hires. The individual in this position will work on reclassifications and other personnel actions; complete the FCC396B report; serve as backup for specific benefit areas; and attend job fairs, including outreach programs. This position will coordinate with the finance department, DBM, and central payroll to resolve personnel and payroll issues. The MPT Recruitment Manager will facilitate prospective employees through the recruitment and onboarding process. Lead managers through recruitment training. Participate on the diversity, equity, and inclusion committee.
- MPT Recruitment Manager will utilize JobAps, Workday, and World Wide Web systems for recruitment.
- Identify methods and channels to post positions
- Manage new hires' data processing, reclassifications, and other personnel and organizational actions.
- Compile data for reports.
- Ensure specifications include minimum qualifications, EEO information, and job duties.
- Facilitate the recruitment process with hiring managers, including identifying qualified candidates.
- Conduct (annual) recruitment training for managers and supervisors.
- Ensure recruitment requirements and processes are compliance with EEO, COMAR, and Department of Budget and Management regulations.
- Track, monitor, and report vacancy rates.
- Assist with human resources events.
- Facilitate orientation for new hires.
- Complete the human resources portion of the FCC396B.
- Serve as the back-up to specific benefit areas.
- Attends and creates intern recruitment and job fairs, including outreach programs.
- Coordinate with Finance Department, DBM, and Central Payroll to resolve personnel and payroll issues.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to engage managers in the recruiting process.
- Knowledge of job classifications and associated compensation
- Experience with various recruitment methods and strategies
- Familiarity with recruitment regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to independently work on projects with staff.
- Ability to appropriately correspond with staff and management.
- Ability to collaborate and lead teams.
- State experience preferred
- Familiarity with HRIS/Workday/JobAps online systems
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.), if requested, must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
The online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and requested documentation may be submitted to: