MPT Assistant Producer
|Department||MPT - Content Enterprises|
|Date Opened||9/20/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/16/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,000.00 - $45,000.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Wanda Johnston|
Maryland Public Television, commonly known as MPT, is a public television network that broadcasts throughout the entire state of Maryland and the District of Columbia and into parts of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. MPT is Maryland's only statewide broadcaster. Headquartered in Owings Mills, MPT is a member of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and is a producer of both locally and nationally distributed TV programs and digital content.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Assist in the production of the Maryland Farm & Harvest (MFH) series as assigned by the Series Producer or the Executive Producer (EP), acting in production support roles as assigned.
- Log footage and interviews.
- Shoot still photos on-location for promotional purposes. assigned
- Watch finished episodes for quality assurance on footage, scripting, and closed captions.
- Coordinate series media management with team, maintaining archive and media of raw footage and completed programs.
- Research, write, curate visual elements, edit on AVID systems and deliver on deadline assigned "Then and Now" segments.
- Curate Thingamajigs (curated props).
- Independently research program subjects via internet, telephone interview and other means as required and assigned.
- Compile program\segment ideas.
- Research, write, direct, edit and deliver occasional segments for the MF&H series, as assigned.
- Coordinate and book transportation\lodging, catering, and other special logistics as needed.
- Book production facilities and personnel for location production.
- Support the Content Division on-location or in-studio; and, serving as Assistant Producer on other projects, as assigned.
- Manage and produce content for program's various social media outlets, including promoting weekly broadcasts to followers.
- Track and manage post production schedule for unfinished episodes of MF&H, from online editing to audio post, Closed Captioning (CC) for dubbing and delivery to AVID Master Control (MC) for broadcast.
- Liaison with Traffic and\or Master Control (MC) to communicate episodic completion and\or delivery problems, if necessary.
- Solve production scheduling and post production problems as necessary; maintain the daily series production calendar with MFH team.
- Act as liaison between Content and Operations personnel to communicate daily & weekly schedules and schedule changes as necessary.
- Maintain a rights database for all third-party elements and principals, including location releases, permits, location and copyrighted images used within the program.
- Create and maintain a music rights cue sheet for each program\segment.
- Create and deliver written articles for promotional materials when assigned.
- Create and deliver program metadata when assigned.
- Drive state production vehicle to and from production locations.
- Supervise shoots on-location when needed.
Education: Associate’s degree in film, media, mass communications, or related field.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
The selected candidate must be willing to work flexible hours to include a short turnaround, overtime, holidays, and weekends. The selected candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more due to the weight of the equipment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Maryland Public Television – HR, 11767 Owings Mills Blvd., Owings Mills, MD., 21117. Paper application materials must be received by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.