AGENCY GRANTS SPECIALIST II
|Department||MD Commission on African American Hist & Culture|
|Date Opened||5/16/2023 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/19/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25.88 - $37.63/hour, progressing to $$41.45|
|HR Analyst||Cheryl Murphy|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MCAAHC and BDM, 84 Franklin Street, Annapolis, MD. 21401 and Maryland Historical Trust, 100 Community Place, Crownsville MD 21032
Main Purpose of Job
The Agency Grants Specialist II reports to the Maryland Commission on African American History and Culture (MCAAHC), Executive Director, and is led by the Grants Manager at the Maryland Historical Trust (MHT). Duties include the fiscal administration of State-funded African American Heritage Preservation Program (AAHPP) grants. This position directly supports the missions of MCAAHC and MHT mission by managing grants that support the preservation of Maryland’s African American heritage.
· Prepare, transmit, and coordinate grant agreements and other related legal documents for the AAHPP grant program, in coordination with the Office of the Attorney General, MDP/MHT fiscal staff, and AAHPP Program staff.
· Provide direct coordination with and assistance to grantees on matters pertaining to preparation of grant agreements, project progress reports, disbursement requests, financial reporting responsibilities, and project audits.
· Review requests for payment/reimbursement submitted by grantees via Program staff, reviewing requests for accuracy, assuring that all expenditures, including the grantee’s match, have been accounted for in accordance with the terms of the Grant Agreement and that sufficient financial backup/documentation has been provided by the grantee. Prepare grant purchase order and payment requests for approval; coordinate with MDP/MHT fiscal staff on processing.
· Maintain project status and auditable records via grants lifecycle management software.
· Research and prepare various reports and budget requests, as needed.
· Assist with Fiscal Year End accounting.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in grants administration with a non-profit organization or government agency.
- Experience implementing and using grants lifecycle management software.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street Room 608
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|