Executive Director, Maryland Commission for Women
|Department||DHS - Commissions|
|Date Opened||11/15/2023 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/29/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$64,828.00 - $91,210.00/year with potential growth to $104,555.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Heather Braddy|
This is a Special Appointment position that serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Oversees the operation of the Maryland Women's Commission administrative office, and the implementation of the Maryland Women's Commission initiatives, including the establishment of standards, policies, and procedures for the professional staff and volunteers
- Provides full staff support and leadership for meetings of the Maryland Women's Commission for Women and its Executive Committee.
- Provides the Maryland Women's Commission with information that enables its effective investigation and recommendation of strategies for addressing issues affecting women, i.e. gender-based discrimination issues and related policies, practices, and procedures.
- Institutes, coordinates, and conducts educational and other public and private programs, meetings, conferences, and hearings to promote equal rights for women and to study and investigate conditions of gender-based discrimination or prejudice.
- Develops the Maryland Women's Commission yearly work plan and budget; and prepares an annual report setting forth activities and accomplishments for the Secretary, the Governor, the Legislature, and the public.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS