Correctional Training Unit Instructor
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
|DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions
|11/7/2023 08:20:00 AM
|11/21/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$53,627.00 - $85,951.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Police and
Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, MD 21784
As the Correctional Training Unit (CTU) instructor, this position will instruct a designed curriculum within the assigned Field Training Officer (FTO) program in order to ensure compliance with standards established by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission (MPCTC). This position also is involved in special training projects as assigned by the Assistant Director of Correctional Training and will serve as a back-up for the online pre-service training for new recruits. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Statewide Field Training Manager through instruction of the FTO Program, communication with field FTO supervisors, coordination of training schedule, policy review and tracking of training.
- Instructing CTU programming to include the entry level correctional academy, in-service training, and other special courses as assigned.
- Attending, participating and contributing to regular on-going meetings with Field Training Supervisors by providing feedback and suggestions.
- Collecting, reporting, and documenting all pertinent statistical data related to the CTU.
- Completing special projects as assigned by Statewide Field Training Manager.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a
high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two (2) years of administrative staff or professional work in a
correctional setting or for a public safety agency
One (1) year of experience planning,
developing, teaching and implementing continuing education programming.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Intermediate or Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint experience
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line. Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For other HR related questions, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay