Office Technology Instructor
|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Adult Corrections Program|
|Date Opened||1/27/2023 10:43:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/10/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,201.00 - $63,000.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Brittany Small|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Correctional Institution- Hagerstown (MCI-H)
18601 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown, MD 21746
Main Purpose of Job
To provide occupational instruction in basic clerical and computer theory and practical application to incarcerated adults in order to enhance employment opportunities.
Planning, conducting and assessing classroom instructional activities covering job safety as well as theory and practical knowledge of basic GRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS, maintaining educational records, and tracking achievement of desired program outcomes by coordinating and administering tests in accordance with accepted reporting procedures.
Education: Possession of appropriate educational credentials as determined by the Maryland State Board of Education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Candidates who possess current Trades and Industry Certification with MSDE that is directly related to Office Technology.
2. Candidates who possess a bachelor's or higher degree in a State-approved career and technology program from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of two (2) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Office Technology(within ten (10) years and includes one (1) year of full-time employment).
3. Candidates who possess a bachelor's or higher degree in industrial arts/technology education, industrial technology, or in the trade to be taught from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of two (2) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Office Technology (within ten (10) years and includes one (1) year of full time employment).
4. Candidates who possess an associate degree in the trade to be taught or a bachelor's or higher degree from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Office Technology(within ten (10) years and includes (1) year of full time employment).
5. Candidates who possess a secondary school diploma and a minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Office Technology within ten (10) years and includes one (1) year of full time employment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Teachers in State operated school programs are required to acquire and maintain certification to teach in the State of Maryland per Education Article, Section 6-101 of the Annotated Code of Maryland and Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 13A.12.01.03B(2). Applicants recommended for appointment will be required to complete an Authorization and Verification of Credentials. Information on requirements for certification and procedures for application may be obtained from the Maryland State Board of Education, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2595.
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (MDOL/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to MDOL/DUI as a result of an unemployment insurance overpayment and/or fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Brittany Small at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide recruitment number 23-005885-0001 in the subject line. The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Maryland Department of Labor, Human Resources Office, Room 1010, 1100 N. Eutaw Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Emailed inquiries should reference recruitment number listed in the announcement. If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, cover letters, etc.).
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.