SRA Database Administrator III
|Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems
|11/30/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$73,787.00 - $118,953.00/year
The Maryland State Retirement
Agency is seeking a Database Administrator to support its mission of providing
excellent service to its members and staff. This position will be responsible
for the configuration, maintenance, and optimization of our databases.
What we offer:
A diverse and dedicated team
Great work/life balance
Strong medical benefits
Student Loan Forgiveness
· Retirement Benefits
This is a Hybrid position that will require the candidate to be in the office up to 2 days a week.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience administrating, maintaining, and managing databases in SQL or NoSQL contexts utilizing supporting technologies.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field for up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field for up to one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in data persistence and development using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing, and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Data Persistence Programming classifications or Data Persistence Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
At least four years of experience:
Working with MSSQL databases
Writing, optimizing, and troubleshooting SQL queries.
Performing database backups and restores
Optimizing database performance
Troubleshooting and resolving database issues
Implementing and maintaining database security best practices.
Working with the development team to design and implement database
Problem solving and analytical skills.
Communicating regularly with stakeholders and other developers.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who have experience
Installing, configuring, and maintaining
Creating and maintaining stored procedures, views,
Kingsway Soft tools
Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached. Employees may be furnished with a pager or cell phone.
Applicants for this classification may handle sensitive data. This will require a full scope background investigation prior to appointment. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
Employees may occasionally be required to travel to field locations and must have access to an automobile in the event a state vehicle cannot be provided. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.
|This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.
|Apply via Paper Application.
|You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.