Executive Director of Assessment, Analytics and Learning
Program Manager Senior III
|Department||MD State Department of Education|
|Date Opened||5/11/2023 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/21/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$116,427 – $155,258|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 25
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Manages the creation and implementation of administrative policies, procedures and guidelines for program goals, standards and controls to meet the requirements for the ESSA and the educational accountability program objectives including the engagement process for amendments to the U.S. Department of Education related to the ESSA Accountability System.
- Provides leadership in the Division’s conceptual and strategic planning process for the educational accountability program.
- Develops and manages quality assurance and risk management programs to meet the education accountability requirements of ESSA and participates in the development, implementation, and assessment of strategies to ensure compliance with federal requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act and state requirements under COMAR, Title 13A State Board of Education.
- Tracks, monitors and defines specifications for program areas of accountability including all measures within the indicators (Achievement, Progress, Graduation Rate, Postsecondary Readiness, Progress towards English Language Proficiency, School Quality and Student Success).
- Oversees and coordinates activities related to the reporting of federally required data from MSDE to government entities including EDFacts and Perkins.
- Interprets federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures as they affect the Department and its dissemination of school, school system, and state data and develop strategies to transition given changes in regulations (for example the change in economically disadvantaged and race codes).
- Provides expertise in data analysis, technical assistance, and communication material and participates in the development, implementation, prioritization and assessment of strategies to ensure compliance with both federal and state requirements.
- Ensures quality of data through quality assurance (QA) programs, validations. Collaborate with other MSDE offices and programs to continuously improve quality of data for use by MSDE.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate course work in History, Social Studies, Social Sciences, or related area for two years of the required experience directly related to the position.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, one year of which must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly effective organizational leadership skills in order to align work processes.
- Knowledge of education content standards, accountability standards, effective instructional practices and assessment administration or development.
- Knowledge and experience with data and statistical analysis and K-12 accountability systems.
- Knowledge of best-in-class K-12 college and career readiness trends, regulations, policies, and issues.
- Skills collaborating with diverse communities and organizations for the purpose of analyzing programs and strategies.
- Skills in effective formative and summative assessment design, and management of large-scale assessment and evaluation contracts and projects.
- Skills and experience in data analysis and in delivering, designing, and evaluating effective performance reporting, data visualizations and communication material.
- Skills in managing competing priorities and executing on time sensitive deadlines.
- Skills in critical thinking and the ability to analyze problems and devise effective solutions.
- Ability to interpret and apply learning standards, policies, and regulations.
- Ability to cultivate and manage effective working relationships across various offices/divisions, governmental entities, and community-based stakeholders to successfully implement programs and initiatives.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and to work as a team leader.
- Excellent organization, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve.