PROGRAM MANAGER I
WDQI Program Manager
|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Ofc of the Asst Secy|
|Date Opened||9/29/2023 3:18:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/13/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Brittany Small|
The Maryland Department of Labor, (Labor), is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of . This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies. All candidates must meet the minimum qualifications during the time apply. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year after the closing date of the announcement.
This position is located in the Office of Workforce Information and Performance (OWIP) under a USDOL Workforce Data Quality Initiative (WDQI) grant. The Workforce Data Quality Initiative (WDQI) supports the development of, or enhancements to, longitudinal administrative databases that integrate workforce data and education data. WDQI also emphasizes promoting improvements and the level of quality of these systems, in addition to increasing the accessibility of performance data, including data reported by employment services and training providers.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsible for connecting MD Labor, MLDS, and other partners to improve data quality and the connection between workforce, unemployment, and education data in the MLDS
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Analyze, evaluate and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Implement, evaluate and oversee the WDQI projects within managerial established timeframes and guidelines
- Represents the department in a liaison capacity with managers and officials of other agencies concerning WDQI program activities
- Assist with speaking engagements and presentations, including, but not limited to coordinating meetings, audience research, preparing slide decks and talking points, and providing materials
- Ensure compliance with federal reporting requirements and provide information to applicable staff
- Manage partner relations and data sharing agreement with administrators of other units
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Management Experience with public speaking.
- Interpersonal and communication skills experience.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience in program management.
- Experience in personnel management.
- Ability to multi task and problem solve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Brittany Small at email@example.com. Please provide recruitment number 23-005476-0016 in the subject line. The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Maryland Department of Labor, Human Resources Office, Room 101, 1100 N. Eutaw Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.