ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRAM MANAGER IV
Director of the Office of Fair Practices
|Department||DNR - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||11/20/2023 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/4/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$84,047.00 - $135,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Office of the Secretary. This recruitment will be used to fill current vacancies for the position and may be used to fill future vacancies in the same classification/function. Future vacancies may also be filled via other recruitments. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year.
Please note, this position is a Management Services position which serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
580 Taylor Avenue, Annapolis, MD (Anne Arundel County)
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of Natural Resources is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Program Manager IV. This position serves as the Fair Practices Officer for the agency and reports directly to the Secretary.
The Fair Practices Officer will be responsible for implementing the agency’s EEO program to ensure compliance with federal and state civil rights laws, the Annotated Code of Maryland SPP Title 5-201-5-214, SPP Title 5-301-314, Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.08.03 – Equal Employment Opportunity Program, and Executive Order 01.012007.16 – Code of Fair Employment Practices.
The Fair Practices Officer shall investigate and, as appropriate, resolve complaints filed under SPP Title 5-211. The Fair Practices Officer will also provide direct supervision and coordinate the activities of the EEO Officer(s) and ADA Coordinator within DNR.
The Fair Practices Officer must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity, and respect; the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form; the ability to work with DNR staff at all levels; manage multiple tasks while meeting the designated deadlines; and participate as a contributing member of the agency’s leadership team.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Eight (8) years of recent professional experience implementing an equal employment opportunity program and ensuring adherence to fair practice standards to include administration of programs for persons with disabilities and policy implementation.
1. Candidates can substitute the possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Public Administration, Statistics, or Psychology and 3 years of experience implementing an equal employment opportunity program and ensuring adherence to fair practice standards to include administration of programs for persons with disabilities and policy implementation.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a J.D. or a PhD from an accredited college or university and 2years of experience implementing an equal employment opportunity program and ensuring adherence to fair practice standards to include administration of programs for persons with disabilities and policy implementation.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer inequal employment opportunity classification or equal employment opportunity specialty codes in the equal employment opportunity field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to exhibit a clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting designated deadlines
- Knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Experience reviewing ADA accommodation requests and complaints
- Experience administering an EEO program and overseeing EEO Officers
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your minimum qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education related to this position completely and accurately.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is strongly preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account, need to make adjustments to a submitted application or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management at Application.Help@maryland.gov ; ATTN: Recruitment and Examination Division
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Emilee Knott at Emilee.Knott@maryland.gov.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.