Director of Employee Relations and Services
Administrative Program Manager IV
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||2/1/2023 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$82,399.00 - $127,637.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Elizabeth Cohen|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Advising the Deputy Superintendent and the executive staff on matters related to investigations, discipline, performance evaluation, and employee services
- Working with the Deputy Superintendent to develop and implement the operations of a service-level based, one-stop operation that provides high quality and consistent customer service to all MSDE staff
- Providing guidance in matters related to employee pay, benefits, retirement, leave, and personnel matters to promote MSDE as a desirable employer and thriving workplace
- Establishing professional development programs for MSDE staff
- Creating and recommending training options, platforms, and an array of trainings
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Human Resources or legal studies from an accredited college or university
- Management experience in employee relations, employment services, and developing and delivering HR-related training
- Professional experience involving the Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, processing leave requests, unemployment compensation matters, State medical director referrals, processing injured workers claims, OSHA and Bureau of Labor Statistics data submission, policy review, and review of employment laws and regulations
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If you are unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-333-8950 or mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application or emailed to the Talent Partner later in the process.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0019, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|