Early Childhood Financial Reporting Specialist
Staff Specialist III Education
|MSDE - Division of Early Childhood
|11/9/2023 11:59:00 PM
|11/28/2023 10:00:00 AM
|$31.00 - $49.99/hour
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Prepares budget and expenditure projections for the monthly or quarterly status of grant funds reports which require balancing possible over-expenditures in other areas that directly impact on the budget and program.
- Evaluates program effectiveness of use of funds in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations and program goals by monitoring expenditures and preparing statistical data to track funding and spending.
- Prepares coordinates, compiles, reviews and edits the budget documents. Maintaining expenditure data reports for the project/program office.
- Provides advice and guidance to the assistant superintendent, directors, grant managers, and others regarding fiscal and grant related matters. Analyzes, researches, and reports on departmental fiscal matters.
- Implements and provides fiscal management for funds awarded under ARP CCDF which are issued as grants and contracts by the Division of Early Childhood. Maintaining and monitoring timely processing of invoices, including periodic tracking of balances on requisitions and grants. Prepares and confirms the availability of funds for grant/contract reimbursements to local school systems, contractors, and private vendors and other recipients for disbursement of funds
- Represents the department/division at meetings.
- Develops the financial portion of the State request and Federal ARP CCDF Grant and the federal financial reports. Writes detailed justification for items requested by program. Serve as a liaison between the various agency support units Interacts with the budget and general accounting on complex budget/or expenditure issues, projections, deficits and modifications. Discusses and decides budget and expenditure issues.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-year grant accounting or/and grant monitoringKnowledge of GAAP Accounting
- Knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulation (CFR)
- Knowledge of advance functions using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to reconcile, analyze data and produce variance analysis