ADMIN OFFICER II OAG
|Department||OAG Support Positions|
|Date Opened||3/17/2023 11:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,403.00 - $75,903.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Gina Mallory|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Office of the Attorney General
Maryland State Department of Education
200 St. Paul Place
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The Administrative Officer II position will support the Maryland State Department of Education Unit. This position will conduct legal research, including legislative history; prepare and review legal documents, such as motions and briefs; prepare litigation holds and eDiscovery plans and assist attorneys with retrieving relevant documents; file pleadings in administrative tribunals and courts; maintain databases for pending litigation matters and track regulations; implement a filing system for all correspondence and case files, including electronic case files; and maintain calendars as well as procedural manuals and training materials.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidate will have:
1. Familiarity with court rules and procedures, Westlaw, and Maryland law.
2. Experience using database applications, including document review and production software; a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Outlook.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred.
If the online application process is not available, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Yolanda Colkley, Fair Practices Officer, 200 St. Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202 or Fax to 410-576-6447.
If you have specific questions about recruitment, please call 410-576-6440 or email email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.