Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist I/II
|Department||MSDE - DORS - Workforce & Tech Center|
|Date Opened||5/17/2023 4:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Level I: $27.39/hour; Level II $29.17/hour|
|HR Analyst||Angelica Clark|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Facilitate the Work Readiness Program (WRP) designed to assist individuals with disabilities in learning appropriate work behaviors and attitudes while participating in job shadowing and career exploration activities.
- Provide support and assistance to consumers on the worksites for understanding of job tasks, supervisory expectations, productivity and appropriate work behaviors.
- Maintain communication with worksite supervisors and monitor consumer progress on the worksites to address concerns regarding performance and/or behavioral expectations.
- Collaborate with the Center Counselors and other WTC staff for guidance and consultation regarding the provision of appropriate services to consumers in the WRP program.
- Research, develop and implement a dynamic curriculum and update materials as needed to meet program goals.
- Conduct group training sessions consistent with approved curriculum; engage internal and external resources to develop strategies to address skills needed to compete effectively for employment opportunities.
- Provide crisis intervention to resolve consumer conflicts and collaborate with the Center Counselors to develop behavioral action plans as appropriate.
- Drive/accompany consumers to worksites/worksite tours and accompany/monitor consumers on field trips.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with providing career counseling and case management.
- Experience in the Vocational Rehabilitation field, and/or Human Services or related field.
- Experience facilitating group instruction and interacting with consumers in a group setting.
- Experience with preparing others for employment and interacting with the business community.
- Professional experience working with individuals with disabilities.
The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.