Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist I/II
|Department||MSDE - DORS - Workforce & Tech Center|
|Date Opened||3/23/2023 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||VR Specialist I - Level one = $58,187.00; VR Specialist II - Level two = $60,847.00|
|HR Analyst||Jerrianne Mccain|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland. As part of the Maryland State Department of Education, the Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) provides services to assist students with disabilities prepare for the work world, vocational rehabilitation services to assist adults with significant disabilities who are seeking to enter or reenter the workforce, and the adjudication of Social Security disability claims for the citizens of Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Facilitate consumer participation in the Work Readiness 2 Program at WTC.
- Interface with business and community organizations to promote partnerships and develop worksites for the Work Readiness Program (WRP) to provide work based learning and career exploration opportunities for consumers.
- Participate in the WTC Center Services Team to review new program referrals.
- Provide case management services to individuals referred to the WTC for Work Readiness.
- Conduct group training sessions consistent with approved curriculum.
- Monitor consumer progress on worksites (in-house and community based) for work-based learning and career exploration and provide support and assistance to the consumer on the worksite for understanding of job tasks, supervisory expectations, productivity and appropriate behavior.
- Drive/accompany consumers to worksites/worksite tours and accompany/monitor consumers on field trips.
- Provide crisis intervention to resolve consumer problems, assess need for professional services and mediate disputes and conflicts.
Education: (Both levels) Possession of a Bachelor's Degree.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with providing career counseling and case management.
- Experience in the Vocational Rehabilitation field, and/or Human Services or related field.
- Experience with preparing others for employment and interacting with the business community.
- Experience facilitating group instruction and interacting with consumers in a group setting.
- Professional experience working with individuals with disabilities.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resources Department at 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9391, TDD (410) 554-9399. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.