EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE III
|Department||MDH Executive Direction|
|Date Opened||1/17/2023 3:17:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $92,290.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Managing the Secretary's schedule by compiling and organizing information relating to meetings and business trips and ensuring adequate use of the Secretary’s time;
- Screening and responding to inquiries directed to the Secretary to reduce the volume of routine matters that must receive personal attention. Such occasions are frequent and often occur during the Secretary’s absence or unavailability;
- Consulting with MDH executives and managers to resolve administrative problems relative to assimilating information necessary to support the Secretary’s decisions on key issues;
- Functioning as the liaison between officials in federal and state government, executives in private industry, as well as the health professional community and the public sector;
- Following up on complaints from the general public to determine sources of problems. In routine matters, routes problems to the most appropriate individual for resolution; and,
- Handling legislative inquiries and requests during the legislative session and during the interim.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with the organization of a senior staff member's schedule;
- Experience with administrative office operations (Printing, office supplies, back office logistics); and,
- Excellent organizational, writing and editing skills and the ability to interact with senior MDH leadership staff.
This is a Special Appointment position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority. A resume must accompany your application.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.