Executive Associate I
|Department||MSDE - Division of Certification and Accreditation|
|Date Opened||3/15/2023 6:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,403.00 - $75,903.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Thomas|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Nancy S. Grasmick Education Building
200 W. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Note: All MSDE positions require in-person/on-site reporting.
This position serves as the Executive Associate I within the Division of Educator Certification and Program Approval (DECPA) and is responsible for providing administrative support to the Assistant State Superintendent of the Division, the Professional Standards and Teacher Education Board, the Certification Review Board/Reinstatement Review Panel, and to the DECPA as a whole. This position provides technical support, leadership, and office management to the DECPA support staff while also serving as the financial representative assigned to the DECPA. This position uses knowledge, skills and experience in word processing, editing, and proofreading; in accessing information from the Maryland State Department of Education's policy and procedures manual; in office organization and management, and interpersonal skills.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Independently responsible for the coordination of administrative coverage of DECPA
- Prioritizing key projects and routine work of the Division
- Maintenance of the Division’s web page
- Responsible for ensuring the Division telephone line and certification assistance line are always answered during business hours
- Provide executive assistance and support to the Assistant State Superintendent
- Coordination of Division workflow
- Preparation of correspondence entailing knowledge of the Department’s and Division’s procedures, functions and policies for the review and signature of the Assistant State Superintendent
- Manage and work with confidential materials
- Represent and carry out the functions of the Human Resources Partner, Property Control and Inventory Officer, and Executive Team Support Officer for the Division
- Act as an intermediary for the public, with professional personnel within the Division, Branches, and the Assistant State Superintendent
- Consult with Division’s Financial Representative in administering the financial needs of the Division
- Prepare the Division’s budget, purchase orders, Notice of Grant Awards, invoices, consultant forms and travel requests
- Serve as the Administrative Assistant for the Professional Standards and Teacher Education Board (PSTEB)
- Serve as the Administrative Assistant for the Certification Review Board (CRB)
- Coordinates the preparation of all the Divisions mandated report requirements
Experience: Seven years of experience in administrative or professional work.
- Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate’s degree for 2 years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute possession of a Bachelor’s degree for 4 years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgement and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience functioning as a special assistant to a director level position
- Knowledge and experience with education policies, issues and regulations
- Experience drafting correspondence for constituent inquiries
- Experience maintaining social media platforms and/or web pages
- Experience processing financial documents such as invoices and travel reimbursements
- Experience with developing spreadsheets
Applicants are subject to a criminal background investigation in accordance with the federal Family Law Article, Section 5.5.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
It is preferred that
applicants complete the MD State Government online application for
employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant
meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If you are unable to apply
online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and mailed
to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD
21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed
and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0012, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.