Internship Coordinator (Full-time, Contractual)
HR OFFICER I
|Department||MDH Deputy Secretary for Operations|
|Date Opened||2/27/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25.21 - $38.83/hour|
|HR Analyst||Sandi English|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Develop and implement a comprehensive internship program for the Maryland Department of Health.
- Develop partnerships with educational institutions to provide internship opportunities to students.
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection, and placement of interns.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of interns to ensure they meet program requirements.
- Provide support and guidance to interns throughout their internship.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure that interns receive a well-rounded experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external organizations to identify and promote internship opportunities for students.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for the internship program.
- Prepare reports and presentations on the effectiveness of the internship program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience: Six years of experience, two years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation and an additional four years of professional HR management work experience in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employer relations, test development and validation or as a generalist.
1. Candidates may substitute paraprofessional personnel work experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required experience. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and two years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of two years of experience in managing, developing, and/or coordinating internship programs, fellowships, and/or other experiential learning opportunities with an organization or closely related experience.
- Previous recruitment experience.
- Experience in campus recruitment.
- Experience in the public health and/or government sectors.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience with JobAps or similar applicant tracking system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & G Suite.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.