HR SPECIALIST TRN
|MIL Administrative Headquarters
|3/7/2023 10:35:00 AM
|3/21/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$46,435.00 - $59,908 with the potential to reach $71,124.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
· Utilizes SPS Workday as an HR Coordinator and Agency Timekeeper to ensure that all timesheets have been completed and approved prior to review and certification by Payroll/Finance Department for regular and contractual bi-weekly pays.
· Enter time for MMD employees’ when necessary.
· Approve timesheets in lieu of the supervisor when necessary.
· View reports, calculate and adjust time on timesheets as necessary.
· Review continuous time off and leave of absence.
· Override and adjust leave balances.
· View time off balances, leave balances, and carryover balances.
· This position will process transactions in Workday as a HR Coordinator that impact payroll, including but not limited to processing leave events, adjusting leave balances, reconciling leave balances, one-time payments, and RSTAR codes.
· Assists employees with timesheet submissions and supervisors with approvals and corrections.
· Processes payroll reports that include “No Time Entered”, “Unsubmitted Time” and “Unapproved Time” for review and distribution to area Managers and Agency Directors.
· Ensure that the proper leave codes are used and that all laws, regulations, policies and procedures are followed as it relates to leave usage and timesheet submission and approval.
· This position will maintain all National Guard member Workday profiles and update them monthly with the assistance of the federal HRO National Guard Office.
· When the Guard is activated for State emergencies, this positions will assist the Finance Department to ensure that all activated guard members are paid accurately and timely as well as provide assists to guard members during in-processing for activations.
· Assists Payroll/Finance Department with the weekly reconciliation of CPB Check Registers against the Workday Payroll Summary reports to ensure accuracy of payroll payments.
· Utilizes the EIB payroll input spreadsheet to prepare payroll adjustments to be processed and submitted to DBM Payroll Unit for Regular and Contractual pay periods.
· Adjustments include payments to employees not processed through workday and outside of Agency time frame for timesheet changes, leave payouts, settlements and one-time payments.
· Assist in HR staff with HR office coverage and other duties as assigned by the HR Director.
Experience: Four years of professional HR management work experience in the areas of recruitment, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist.
1. Candidates may substitute paraprofessional personnel work experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required experience. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment actions.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classification or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One year of experience with performing the role of timekeeper in Workday.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland with less than 5 points on their driving record.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS