PSCS Social Worker Supv, Criminal Justice
Social Worker Supervisor
|Department||DPSCS Dorsey Run Correctional Facility|
|Date Opened||1/23/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/20/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,802.00 - $105,072.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Lori Burrell|
If you are looking for an exciting career with great benefits, pension, generous leave, competitive salary, and the opportunity for advancement and professional growth, apply to join the DPSCS team today!
The Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS) is seeking dedicated candidates to fill important roles within our department. We are one of the largest departments in Maryland with nearly 12,000 employees and a budget of more than $1 billion. In order to fulfill our mission of promoting safety, we have increased security at our institutions while leading the way in innovative restorative justice projects that will help offenders reintegrate into society upon release.
As a member of the DPSCS team, you can have a fulfilling career, while also enjoying a wide range of benefits such as medical and dental coverage, paid time off (i.e. vacation, sick leave), becoming vested in the State pension, supplemental retirement options, and even joining the Maryland State Employees Credit Union.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Four years of experience providing clinical and therapeutic services through the application of the principles, methods and procedures of professional social work to clients requiring rehabilitative counseling or forensic social work services, including eighteen months of experience completing assessments, formulating diagnostic impressions, treating mental disorders and other conditions or providing psychotherapy as a certified social worker-clinical.
1. A doctoral degree in social work from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology or Welfare fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a certified social worker-clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners for eighteen months prior to appointment to social work supervisor positions in State service. (COMAR 10.42.08.04(2)(b) effective July 1, 2004).
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension or dismissal.
2. Employees must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course of the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees must qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
5. Employees are required to complete the Correctional First Line Supervisors Training within one year of appointment.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.