AGENCY PROJECT ENGINEER/ARCHITECT II
|Department||DNR - Engineering and Construction|
|Date Opened||9/12/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/26/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,095.00 - $91,742.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Courtney Blackistone|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- To work as part of the land-based construction crew as a skilled trim carpenter and other construction trades on assigned projects Statewide. Projects will include, but not limited to, new and renovation projects for offices, garages, storage areas, road construction, roof projects, site excavation, historic restorations, utility work and general maintenance.
- Assist in conducting building inspections, meeting with contractors, and consultants to resolve concerns to facilitate projects. Address any plan and specification concerns and to ensure each project is completed on schedule.
Experience: Five years of experience, one year of experience as a design and project manager Engineer, Architect, or Surveyor for agency capital and operating construction, maintenance and system services projects and an additional four years of experience as an Engineer, Architect, or Surveyor in the building construction field involving the design, construction or repair of building structures or system services.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a design and project manager Engineer or Architect for agency capital and operating construction, maintenance and system services projects for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Architecture field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.