**REPOST**SYSTEMS CONTROL ACCOUNTANT LEAD, COMPTROLLER
General Accounting Division
|COMP General Accounting Division
|6/2/2023 09:00:00 AM
|6/30/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$67,802.00 - $105,072.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Vacations may be limited during peak times.
- As a Comptroller employee, you are prohibited from engaging in the following activities outside of work, (even on your own time): Preparation of other taxpayers federal or state income tax returns or of any other tax return filed by the Comptroller. Bookkeeping for private clients when that information may be used to prepare any state or federal tax return. Working for private tax return companies that prepare any state or federal tax return.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Two years of experience ensuring appropriate and consistent interpretation of and compliance with statutory and generally accepted accounting principles in a fiscal control agency or two years of experience supervising professional accounting functions.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in financial management classification or financial management specialty codes in the accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience reconciling and researching complex general ledger accounts
- Experience documenting internal processes via flowcharts
- Experience writing detailed in-depth accounting procedures
- Familiarity with R*STARS or other full scale enterprise wide general ledger software
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills
- Self-starter, motivated to build and develop internal processes
- Familiarity with Federal and/or State Grants
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Please contact Stanley Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need reasonable accommodations.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.