|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||3/24/2023 12:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,975.00 - $70,010.00/year (with potential growth to $86,450.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
This position is eligible for hybrid telework.
- Analyze, verify and reconcile the transactions entered into the Howard County Government financial management system or other supported systems to the corresponding transactions entered into the Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
- Recommend corrections/adjustments to SAP or FMIS supported systems based on the reconciliation analysis.
- Prepare and post necessary corrections/adjustments to FMIS based on the reconciliation analysis.
- Monitors grant payments by Accounts Payable unit and follows-up on process when needed
- Assist with Agency travel reconciliations, as appropriate, according to State of Maryland General Accounting Division Procedures.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget request forms and review prior year expenditures and appropriations.
- Assist in preparing the monthly budget projections analyzing current and prior year expenditures.
- Assist in formulating spending strategies based on award amounts and projected expenditures.
- Assist with compiling and finalizing data relating to the fiscal year-end closing.
- Advise agency head on the status of the HCHD revenue and expenditure accounts.
- Utilize a thorough understanding of State and County fiscal policies and procedures regarding reconciliations and a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Two years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.