FISCAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR III
Manager, Division of Budget Management
|Department||DHS - Ops Ofc - Div of Budget Finance & Personnel|
|Date Opened||9/11/2023 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/25/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$78,749.00/year-$110,770.00/year with potential growth to -$126,912.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Stacey Nelson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Plans and directs all day-to-day budgetary, expenditure monitoring work, and budgetary management to the administration to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as they relate to the Department’s Budget and Expenditure Monitoring.
- Provides oversight of the writing, developing and the implementation of departmental budget policies and procedures.
- Responsible for developing and implementing departmental budget policies and procedures for the purpose of monitoring expenditures and budget preparation and submissions.
- Provides direction, guidance and review of Budgetary Analysis for Social Services Administration, Local Adult Services and Child Welfare Administration.
- Provides direction and guidance in the analysis and preparation of projections for Foster Care and Adoptions.
- Directs and reviews the preparation of responses to request for fiscal analysis for legislative bills, federal reports, and budgetary reports to legislative communities.
- Oversight of Budget and Fiscal in budget formulation, forecasting and fiscal year end close-out using statewide budget policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Plans, develops and prepares the Department’s year-end closing budget amendments and implements expenditure monitoring procedures and policy throughout the department.
- Establishes departmental budget expenditure reductions and increases.
- Implements and directs budget staff training sessions to update staff on new budget procedures and systems.
- Reviews and approves budget staff leave requests, time sheets, travel vouchers.
- Conducts annual performance planning and evaluations (PEP) of (1) Agency Budget Analyst Supervisors.
- Interviews and hires new budget analyst supervisors and lead budget analyst to fill vacant positions.
- Issues formal disciplinary reminders, warnings and reprimands using the State Standard Operating Procedures and using the State Personnel Management System Reform guidelines.
- Oversees Budgets of 3 Departmental Administrations and 1 Payment Programs with total budgetary responsibility in excess of $603 million.
- Directs the preparation of various Departmental agencies expenditure monitoring as it relates to the system designed for the State Department of Budget and Management (DBM) to ensure Administrations and Local Departments do not exceed their approved spending levels.
- Reviews statistical reports and performance measures and oversees the partial preparation of federal grant reports.
- Engages in Budget and Finances management initiatives and appropriate training Programs to stay informed about changes affecting State budget procedures and policies and federal grant funding.
- Provides technical assistance to central fiscal staff and local finance officers in areas of budget expenditures monitoring and approvals, contract approvals, and fiscal impacts of program designs.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of experience using Microsoft word and excel spreadsheets.
- One year of experience working in BARS.
- One year of experience using ADPICS.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS