Grants and Employee Reimbursement Technician
Fiscal Accounts Tech II
|Department||MD State Department of Education|
|Filing Deadline||6/9/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,534.00 - $70,751.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nimmi Subhash|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Reviews and verifies monthly federal grant payments by comparing information in RSTARS to information provided to Grant Accounting from financial representatives as to fund, payee, and availability of funds. (TYPE I)
- Reviews sub-grantee information entered by program staff and financial representatives into the Notice of Grant Award system into RS TARS Accounting system. Enters sub-grantee awards and modifications into RSTARS (260, 263 & 264). (Within 2 Business days)
- Review and process sub-grantee payment request (T/C 262) Payment. (Within 2 Business days)
- Review and update AFR System on daily or weekly basis as needed. Review and identify out of balance purchase documents by comparing a monthly ADPICS balance report against RST ARS balances, focusing on inter-agency paid vendors.
- Completes data entry of journal entries in RSTARS including but not limited to, general accounting entries, grant entries, cash and revenue entries (Deposit Entry), and budget entries. Review document information to ensure accuracy. (T/C 475 and other T/C).
- Process vouchers and direct vouchers in ADPICS which interfaces to FMIS to enable agency to pay employee expense account. Backup the Fiscal Account Clerk or Clerk lead in processing the approval of the voucher payment in ADPICS.
- Verifies batches of Child Care Administration Tracking System (CCATS) payments daily by checking data contained on the ‘CCATS MSDE Payment Interface Report’ versus interfaced transactions from CCATS to R*STARS. Batches are completed within 20 minutes of receipt (per batch). Discrepancies are reported back to appropriate staff for correction.
- Verifies DORS voucher documentation against interfaced transactions in RST ARS for vendor number, address, amount to be paid, and accounting coding. Reviews and corrects data errors that cause the batch not to post when interfacing into RSTARS. Creates requests to add or edit vendor information as needed Compiles listing of transaction errors for feedback to division for improvement.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in processing Grants
- Experience in Processing Expense payments
- Experience in Data verification