FISCAL ACCOUNTS CLERK I
|Department||MDH Local Health - St. Mary's County|
|Date Opened||3/24/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,353.00 - $42,328.00 with potential growth to $51,801.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Latosha Keene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Process invoices for payment through Financial Management Information System (FMIS) utilizing Screens 1800, 1480, & 32.
- Match invoices with Purchase Requisitions and receiving reports.
- Verify invoices for mathematical accuracy.
- Code with correct Program Cost Account (PCA) and Agency Object (AOBJ).
- Utilize FMIS Screens 44, 47D, 84, 85, & 86 to assist vendors regarding the history of payments, check numbers, etc.
- View entered FMIS data via Patient Tracking System (PatTrac) for the purpose of vendor payment history, detailed expenditure information, budget information, etc.
- Scan all documents into eBooks and DocStar.
- Control & Reconcile Petty Cash fund of $275.00.
- Disburse Petty Cash for small purchases authorized through a Purchase Requisition.
- Authorize Petty Cash disbursements for emergency purposes.
- Prepare expense sheets, check for mathematical accuracy, proper coding and approvals.
- Develop, update and implement automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports for use by other agency staff for procurement and purchasing procedures and/or tracking.
- Provide technical guidance and direction concerning fiscal policies and procedures to agency staff as it relates to agency procurement and purchasing.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
1. Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required high school education.
2. Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. A minimum of five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.