IT SYSTEMS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
|Department||PSC General Administration and Hearings|
|Date Opened||9/12/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/13/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$69,159.00 - $111,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tamar Duppins-Stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Maryland Public Service Commission is seeking two full-time Cybersecurity Specialists to provide support in the review of cybersecurity practices of public service companies.
· Advise the Commission on measures to improve oversight of the cybersecurity practices of public service companies;
· Consult with the Office of Security Management on cybersecurity issues related to utility regulation;
· Assist the Commission in monitoring minimum security standards;
· Participate in cybersecurity briefings;
· Support public service companies that do not meet minimum security standards with remediating vulnerabilities or addressing cybersecurity assessment findings;
· Collect certifications of public service companies’ compliance with cybersecurity standards; and
· Write reports on behalf of the Commission to the State Chief Information Security Officer and General Assembly.
Experience: Seven years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology for four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software for four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology and three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201, Recruitment #23-004488-0017. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.