Make a difference while pursuing a career to match your passion. At WCC, we are collaborative, innovative, and excited about our work. We thrive on initiative, creativity and challenges to the status quo by employees who are valued and empowered. Proud of our achievements, we consider excellence a continuous journey…not a destination end point. This is public service today. Bring your IT project coordination talents, current technical skills, and your eagerness for taking initiatives and drive to manage successful IT projects. Come journey with us.
The Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission seeks to secure the equitable and timely administration of the provisions of the Maryland Workers' Compensation law on behalf of its customer, the injured workers and their employers, by providing an efficient forum for the resolution of individual claims.
The Workers' Compensation Commission envisions a state wherein injured workers and employers are empowered to create an equitable partnership to facilitate prompt and fair resolution of workers' compensation matters.
Together we profoundly touch the lives of so many people and have enormous responsibility to the community by fulfilling our mission of securing equitable and timely administration of the law. The Commission continues to provide services to our constituent partners at a level rarely met throughout the United States. The professionalism, work ethic, and technological acumen manifest in our operations allows us to smoothly and effectively manage the challenges which invariably arise. Every division within the agency plays a vital role in keeping us in the forefront nationally...ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AND PURSUE YOUR CAREER PASSION WITH A NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED LEADER?
LOCATION OF POSITION
10 E. Baltimore St., Baltimore, MD 21202
The Mid-range System Admin/Developer Supervisor role is to perform duties related to the design, development, testing, implementation, support and maintenance of IBM AS400 systems, COTS and custom software applications including COBOL, DB2 databases, integrations, security and to ensure high levels of application availability in support of the Agency's mission.
Performs all system admin related functions for midrange environment
Supports, maintains, and troubleshoots existing midrange hardware and software environment including operating systems, COTS applications, databases, custom code and interfaces
Designs, develops, tests, implements, and maintains application software
Provides advice and guidance to less experienced software developers on the resolution of complex issues in designing, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining application software
Experience: Seven years of experience, three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools and an additional four years of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional four years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field and three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required experience.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
The following is a required qualification. Candidates MUST possess the following:
Two years and six months of hands-on experience supporting and maintaining all aspects of IBM AS400 midrange systems, including hardware, operating systems, as well as COTS and custom application software utilizing, at a minimum, COBOL and DB2.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Workers' Compensation Commission at 410-864-5230 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY: Please include your resume along with your completed online employment application and supplemental questions. During the online application process, use the Resume tab to select a method for including your resume (Upload Your Resume or Type or Copy/Paste Your Resume). Submission of a resume is strongly recommended.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Please include your resume along with your completed employment application and supplemental questions.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Workers' Compensation Commission
E. Baltimore Street, Personnel Division
Baltimore, MD 21202
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
WCC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of WCC that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.