IT Helpdesk Network/Hardware Technician
COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST II
|Worker's Compensation Commission
|11/30/2023 4:59:00 PM
|12/21/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$60,801.00 to $88,769 with potential growth to $97,940.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The State of Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission is currently seeking a creative and energetic HelpDesk Network/Hardware Technician to join our team to provide direct technical assistance and support for our internal and external customers utilizing security best practices, current trends and the Commission's policies and procedures. HelpDesk Network/Hardware Technician is the full performance level of work planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks to include operating systems and network communications software\hardware. Our HelpDesk team and the Network/Hardware Technician manage and resolve requests for assistance via email, telephone and in-person. HelpDesk partners directly with our development and systems/networking units to achieve these goals.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong customer focus and the ability to deliver effective technology solutions to our diverse customers, such as:
- Professionally respond to internal and external customer's requests for assistance timely and appropriately, researching and resolving each effectively via the various channels herein
- Perform routine updates and changes on computer workstations, software and various peripherals. Install/modify/upgrade/troubleshoot computer PC workstations, notebooks, servers and various other network connected hardware and software
- Coordinate hardware/software activities with vendors, 3rd parties and online/telephonic support as needed
- Attend remote and in-person training classes as required to maintain current knowledge of custom, COTS and other deployed software
- Help maintain accurate hardware and software inventories, research and recommend technical solutions and procurement
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualified candidates MUST have the following experience and/or education:
Experience: Two years and six months of experience, one year of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks and an additional eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator or equivalent certification program for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for graduation from an accredited a high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems, or other information technology related field, including course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university and one year of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years in the information technology field or experience working on an enterprise helpdesk
- Knowledge of and experience with TCP/IP networks, Active Directory, Group Policy and Windows permissions
- Certification, training and/or experience in:
- MCITP –Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Windows 10)
- MCDST –Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- Comp TIA A+ or Comp TIA Network+
- Working knowledge of contemporary ( Windows 10/11) operating systems, Microsoft 365, Teams, contemporary web browsers and other standard Windows desktop applications
- Experience installing and managing contemporary Windows PC/Server network attached hardware and related software
- Working knowledge of networking technologies and protocols: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, SFTP, and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of best practices for network and device security such as encryption.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of exceptional customer service.