|Department||DJS Educational Operations|
|Date Opened||8/25/2023 8:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/29/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$84,047.00 - $135,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Laurita Lesperance|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Work location to be determined. Please indicate on your application all counties where you are willing to accept employment.
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated School Psychologist to join our program and make a positive impact on the lives of youth. As a School Psychologist, you will play a crucial role in providing comprehensive psychological services and support to students facing various challenges. This position requires exceptional interpersonal skills, strong assessment abilities, and a deep commitment to promoting mental well-being and academic success among youth.
This position's responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting thorough psychological assessments and evaluations to identify students’ strengths, challenges, and developmental needs;
- Collaborating with school staff, parents/guardians, and other professionals to develop individualized education plans (IEPs) and provide appropriate interventions and accommodations;
- Offering counseling and support services to students dealing with emotional, social, behavioral, or academic difficulties;
- Utilizing evidence-based strategies and interventions to address students’ psychological and emotional needs;
- Facilitating group sessions, workshops, and programs to enhance students’ social skills, emotional intelligence, and resilience;
- Providing crisis intervention and support during critical incidents or emergencies affecting students;
- Participating in multidisciplinary team meetings to discuss student progress, interventions, and strategies for creating a supportive learning environment; and,
- Collaborating with external agencies and community resources to coordinate services and referrals for students requiring additional support.
Option 1: Master’s or higher degree in school psychology from a Maryland-approved program leading to certification, and qualifying scores on the Maryland-approved test for school psychologists.
Option 2: (a) Master’s or higher and completion of an out of state program in school psychology leading to certification in that state to include a minimum of a 1,200-hour internship in school psychology; and (b) Qualifying scores on the Maryland-approved test for school psychologist or the test accepted by the state in which the program is located.
Option 3: Valid Nationally Certified School Psychologist certificate issued by the National School Psychology Certification Board.
Option 4: (a) Master’s or higher degree; and (b) Valid professional certificate in school psychology from another state; (c) Verification of 27 months of satisfactory performance as a school psychologist during the past 7 years.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Holds a valid Maryland State Department of Education certification for School Psychologist.
• At least one year of successful teaching or school psychologist experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for this classification must be licensed as a School Psychologist by the Maryland-approved test for school psychologist. Applicants who do not have a Maryland license may apply before receipt of the required license but the application will be designated in pending status.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please ensure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; we will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience related to the position’s requirements. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you must provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application is preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the address below or fax a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Paper application materials must be received by 5 p.m. on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
Attn: Laurita Lesperance
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|