INTERNAL AUDITOR I
|Department||DNR - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||7/18/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: One year of experience conducting financial and operational internal audits that include elements for finance and compliance, economy and efficiency, and program results.
1. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or a master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years auditing experience
- Government auditing experience (preferably State of Maryland)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CGFM (Certified Government Financial Manager) certification
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|