DIALYSIS SERVICES TECHNICIAN II
|Department||MDH Deer's Head Center|
|Date Opened||3/21/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/4/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$19.69 - $24.43/hour|
|HR Analyst||Ashley Moon|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Vaccine Requirement: Per the emergency regulation issued by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (86 FR 61555), and as permitted to go into effect by the U.S. Supreme Court on January 13, 2022, all staff of the MDH Healthcare System facilities required to show proof of first dose or single dose of COVID-19 vaccination 14 days after start date of employment. Staff includes, but is not limited to, regular and contractual employees, contractual staff, volunteers, and other state employees performing any duties at the facility. All staff are required to complete the full shot regimen, including any booster shot, as clinically indicated in order to satisfy this requirement. Candidates with an approved medical or religious reason for vaccination exemption must provide proof of exemption prior to appointment.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalence certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience preparing, operating and maintaining kidney dialysis equipment.
1. Applicants may substitute possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in the biological or physical sciences for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman or Ocular Technician classifications or Operating Room Specialist and Biological Medical Equipment specialty codes in the kidney dialysis services technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Certified Nursing Assistant-Dialysis Technician from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 OR within ninety days from date of hire, successfully complete a Board of Nursing approved nursing assistant-dialysis technician training program and receive certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant-Dialysis Technician from the Board of Nursing.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training in and maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
1. Applicants may be given a medical examination prior to their appointment to determine their ability to perform the work of the position.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Employees in this classification without certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant-Dialysis Technician must successfully complete a Board of Nursing approved nursing assistant-dialysis technician training program and receive certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant-Dialysis Technician within ninety days from date of hire prior to performing delegated nursing tasks. Employees who fail to successfully complete this requirement will not be retained in the positions.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.