CORRECTIONAL MAINTENANCE OFFICER SUPERVISOR
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||3/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,214.00 - $89,907.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jodee Maldonado|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Supervises subordinate Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance Officers involved training and directing inmates in the performance of repair, renovation and preventive maintenance tasks in assigned maintenance trades and/or areas of the facility concerned. Supervisor duties include recommending hiring and disciplining staff, assigning work, monitoring work in progress and evaluating staff job performance.
- Monitors inmate workers to assess level of training and job performance and to ensure compliance with custody and security protocols.
- Manages implementation of assigned areas of the overall maintenance program; develops preventive maintenance schedules; monitors the maintenance work-order process; reviews and approves cost estimates for supplies and materials; monitors compliance with procedures for security and control of tools and equipment, inspects completed work and work in progress.
- Prepares specifications for contractual construction, repair or preventive maintenance projects as assigned; inspects and approves work-in-progress and completed projects.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Three years of experience involving the custody, security and supervision of adult inmate workers in maintenance operations of a correctional institution.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience developing preventive maintenance schedules.
Experience reviewing and approving cost estimates for supplies and materials.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may require employees to acquire the appropriate Maryland driver’s license to operate motor vehicles for the transportation of inmates or supplies.
3. Some positions in this classification may require employees to possess a valid Maryland 1st Grade Stationary Engineer license to operate, maintain and clean high-pressure boilers and equipment.
4. Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
1. Selection standards for Correctional Officer certification are established by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.