MSP Maintenance Tech I
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||1/27/2023 09:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/10/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$76,852.00 - $105,660.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Rita Thomas|
It is important that all experience be fully documented. Failure to LIST ALL EXPERIENCE FULLY AND ACCURATELY may cause the candidate to be rejected.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY.
- The application is part of the examination process. Your answers will determine your eligibility to participate in the next phase of the selection process.
- Clearly describe your qualifications in detail. Credit cannot be given for education, training, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities that you fail to indicate.
- Do not leave any answer spaces blank; if a question does not apply, write "N/A".
- Although you may attach a resume to further describe your qualification, it does not substitute for completing the application form. An incomplete application form may result in disqualification. Do NOT write "see resume" in your work history or responses to supplemental questions.
- Failure to comply with these instructions may result in disqualification.
- Read the Job Announcement carefully for specific filing instructions, supplemental questions, and final filing dates.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in aircraft maintenance and actively engaged in aircraft maintenance within the last 6 months.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from a Federal Aviation Administration’s Part 147 Aviation Maintenance Technician School for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the Aviation Machinist Mate classification or Aviation, Aerospace Maintenance, or Aircraft Maintenance specialty codes in the Aviation Maintenance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must possess a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic License within three (3) months after the date of hire.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle, therefore, will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Applicants for positions with the Department of Maryland State Police will be subject to a complete criminal background investigation and a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
2. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in on a 24 hour basis, and therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached. Working weekends and holidays is required. Employee also subject to emergency call out. This is an Emergency Essential Employee.
4. Employees in this classification must have access to an automobile for use on official business in the event a State vehicle cannot be provided. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
5. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be included for further evaluation. The evaluation will include rating your application based on education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. Applicants may be given a physical examination and will be subject to an interview, background investigation, polygraph examination and substance abuse testing.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police, Aviation Command
3023 Strawberry Point Road
Middle River, MD 21230
Attn: Christina Blake
Contact Information: email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.