REVENUE ADMINISTRATOR III
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||1/24/2023 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/7/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $92,290.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Mary-Kathryn Beech|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Experience: Eight years of professional experience in auditing, accounting, the practice of tax law, or general management. Two years of this experience must have involved supervising professional accountants or auditors; giving legal advice requiring the interpretation of tax laws in the capacity of a tax attorney; or must have been in a responsible administrative or management capacity sufficient to demonstrate capabilities of performing responsible staff work.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of professional experience in auditing, accounting, the practice of tax law, or general management for the required experience. Two years of this experience must have involved supervising professional accountants or auditors; giving legal advice requiring the interpretation of tax laws in the capacity of a tax attorney; or must have been in a responsible administrative or management capacity sufficient to demonstrate capabilities of performing responsible staff work.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant for six years of the required general experience.
- Candidates may substitute graduate education in an academic field related to the required experience from an accredited college or university at the rate of one year of education for five years of the required general experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in accounting and budget classification or accounting and budget specialty codes in the tax examining field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior supervisory/management experience.
- Customer Service Experience.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience with personal computer and software applications.
- Knowledge and experience in Maryland tax laws and forms.
- Knowledge and experience in federal tax laws and forms.
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- The nature of the position requires that the employee be able to travel within the State of Maryland, and provide their own transportation to visit various branch offices located within the State of Maryland.
- Employees must be able to tolerate an occasional uncomfortable or unpleasant experience presented by upset or irate taxpayers.
- Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 25 to 35 pounds, climbing ladders, delivering supplies, etc.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|