'REPOST' PAROLE AND PROBATION AGENT SENIOR
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||5/22/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/7/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,975.00 - $86,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emily Eubanks|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Assess, design, develop, implement and evaluate in-service and entrance level instructional programs in order to provide evidence based quality training to agency personnel. All programs must remain compliant with Parole & Probation & Correctional Training Commission's standards.
- Maintain and instructs all curriculum and practical training within full compliance with the relevant standards established by the Police & Correctional Training Commissions.
- Make recommendations on equipment and material needs for safe and effective delivery of in-service and entrance-level academy training. The incumbent shall also assist the in-service and academy students to resolve any logistical or programmatic issues as they arise.
- Analyze and assess performance issues or needs with Field Supervisor I's in order to determine if training methodology is appropriate after consulting with administrators, managers, supervisors and employees.
- Train and evaluate adjunct trainers by observing and assessing classroom instructions and demeanor in order to maintain the Maryland Correctional Training Commission's certifications.
- Assist in the entry-level program recruits in order to prepare them for their positions by supervising their performance during Phases I & II of the academy.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 semester credit hours in the social, behavioral, or correctional sciences.
Experience: Experience as a Parole & Probation Agent supervising and monitoring persons on parole and/or probation.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of specialized experience counseling, investigating, or supervising persons on parole or probation for the 30 semester credit hours in the social, behavioral, or correctional sciences.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate level education in the social, behavioral, or correctional sciences for up to one year of the required general experience at a rate of 30 semester credits for one year of experience.
3 . Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military services experience as a commissioned officer in social work or correctional counseling classifications or specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at the rate of two years of military experience for one year of the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees must meet the selection standards required and successfully complete the entrance-level training program as set forth in the Code of Maryland Regulations by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission. Selection standards of the Correctional Training Commission may be obtained from the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, Suite 208, 6776 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
Your transfer application must indicate that you are currently a DPSCS employee as well as that you currently hold the Parole and Probation Agent Sr. classification to be considered for the Transfer list.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To apply for the Transfer list:
1. Go to the State of Maryland Job Openings website.
2. Under Application On-File and Freename Applications, select Freename Applications.
2. Scroll down until you see the Transfers heading, and select the radio button next to Transfers, then select "Apply for Transfer".
4. Then select the "003340-PAROLE AND PROBATION AGENT SENIOR" title from the listing.
5. A new screen will pop-up which has the option "Apply as a Transfers applicant".
8. Please complete in as much detail as possible all the questions/blanks asked within the application process to avoid a rejection due to incompleteness result.
9. You will receive an email from the JoAps automated system informing you of your acceptance or rejection from the Transfer list via email.
10. Please sure that you regularly check your spam/trash/junk folders since it is common for these emails to be marked as such via most email platforms.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|