SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICER I
|MDH Local Health - Howard County
|11/21/2023 07:30:00 AM
|12/5/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$47,364.00 - $61,107.00 (with potential growth to $75,478.00 year)
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
- Post content to online platforms
- Identify shareable content from trusted sources
- Develop content and accompanying graphics from Department resources
- Lead content through all required approvals before posting
- Respond to social media inquiries from public.
- Develop and maintain content including bios, logos, cover photos, contact information, etc.
- Schedule and post content in accordance with established performance goals and/or external scheduling requirements i.e. holidays and observances
- Develop and maintain content for creating, sharing, and promoting, informed by Department standards and the ever-changing task of driving content up each platform’s individual algorithm
- Train and monitor additional contributors to all online accounts, as needed
- Development and monitoring of content and performance through analytics/statistics:
- Document metrics, including comprehensive reporting for all platforms (weekly)
- Document metrics, including growth over time and relative performance (monthly)
- Complete HealthStat metrics, extrapolated from metrics (monthly)
- Document County metrics (monthly)
- Create graphic designs (digital and physical, including posters, apparel, and animation, etc.)
- Maintain and update brand kit
- Perform copywriting and editing
- Participate in appropriate professional education and training for roles and responsibilities of work assignments, as requested or approved by Supervisor.
- Participate in Emergency Preparedness drills or actual events.
Experience: Six years of experience in public information, public relations, journalism or other related experience in publicity or promotional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 30 semester credit hours in one or more of the following subjects: English, journalism, public relations, writing or other similar and related areas of study and two years of experience in public information, public relations, journalism or other related experience in publicity or promotional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in public affairs specialist classification or public affairs specialty codes in the information and arts field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with social media management and developing social media content for multiple platforms
- Copywriting/writing skills for social media and promotional materials creation
- Experience with graphics and video design (Adobe, Canva)
- Experience analyzing social media data and analytics for trends and to develop strategies to increase engagement and reach
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.