NATURAL RESOURCES BIOLOGIST II
|Department||DNR - Fisheries Service|
|Date Opened||9/22/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/9/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,627.00 - $85,951.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Courtney Blackistone|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in biology, environmental aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology or physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study from an accredited college or university and two years of experience in performing professional biological work in the field of natural resources management for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute graduate education beyond a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a natural resources related field of study as described above at the rate of 15 graduate credit hours for one year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the wildlife biology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in trailering, operating, navigating, and maintaining small vessels.
- Experience in environmental sampling.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and GIS.
- Experience with phone, email, and in-person stakeholder outreach and communication.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The online application is strongly preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.