PROCUREMENT OFFICER III
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||1/29/2023 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$72,340.00 - $112,091.00/year (State Salary Guidelines apply to State employees)|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is the supervisory level in the professional procurement of equipment, supplies and services to include the following areas: maintenance, construction and information technology, to include other needs which must be obtained through the competitive procurement process, negotiated procurement process and other procurement methods for the Department of Juvenile Services. The incumbent will provide expert agency procurement technical interpretation, guidance, and assistance in accordance with all State of Maryland laws and regulations to include, the Code of Maryland Regulations, Title 21 State Procurement Regulations and the other policies and procedures. This position supervises lower-level Procurement Officers. Responsibilities include:
• Supervision of the day to day operations of the Procurement Unit.
• Oversee and supervise the work of Procurement Officers I’s and Procurement Officer Trainees for the procurement of commodities, services, maintenance and information technology commodities and services for facilities operated by the Department.
• Responsible for the approval on weekly timesheets, the approval of employees' leave and prepares and evaluates employees’ midyear and end of-year Performance Planning & Evaluation Program (PEP) process.
• Develops bid documents and conducts the procurement projects and provides technical assistance and training for the facility staff involved in procurement activities and supervises the procurement staff to provide the same tasks.
Experience: Eight years of experience, four years of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures and an additional four years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professionals certification or procurement business operations.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the additional four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the additional four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and four years of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required experience of experience.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate of Jurisprudence degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for six years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience ensuring appropriate interpretation of a compliance with COMAR Title 12, and other Maryland State procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Experience with FMIS, ADPICS, and eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA).
Experience soliciting and managing contracts for various categories of goods and services.
Current Certified Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services or any other certification that is related to Procurement.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
The online application is preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the address below or fax a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Paper application materials must be received by 5 p.m. on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
Attn: Crystal Wilson
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are welcome to apply for all recruitments.